Friday, November 04, 2005

AUSTRALIA, THE MUSHROOM COUNTRY

Yes, that's us, complacent little mushrooms sitting in the dark, waiting for the Prime Miniature to feed us more bullshit. Well there's a new breed of mushroom, seditious, questioning, disapproving, thorn in the side, blog mushrooms. These mushrooms are prolific and hard to dislodge.

I'm a seditious mushroom and I'm tired of this Government's divisive policies.

I'm tired of being told what's good for me by opportunistic politicians and that I shouldn't question them.

I'm tired of being told gays and lesbians who want to marry will destroy the traditional institution of marriage.

I'm tired of hearing that Christianity is the greatest faith one can have.

I'm angry that religious beliefs of every kind are intruding into places they have no business being.

I'm tired of hearing how workers will be better off when they're at the mercy of greedy bosses.

I'm angry at corporate crooks making off with millions while people on welfare are abused as bludgers.

I'm tired of hearing women being called baby killers when abortion is sometimes their only option.

I'm tired of the old lies still being told to justify a never ending war.

I'm angry at being told there is a terrorist threat but no arrests can be made until new draconian laws are passed, when the Immigration Department can imprison or deport citizens under the old laws.

I'm tired of watching the smoke and mirrors conjured up by the right hand of government while the left hand sneaks along rounding up our freedom.

I'm angry at politicians ignoring my letters of protest, ignoring my requests for clarification of laws being made on my behalf.

Canberra is fond of the monarchy so let them remember Elizabeth I who said while she had the body of a weak and feeble woman, she had the heart and stomach of a King.

To all those king-sized mushrooms out there in blog land, keep the bastards honest, no-one else seems to want to.

4 comments:

Kelly & Sam Pilgrim-Byrne said...

You go, girlfriend!!!

JahTeh said...

Stop commenting and start breeding seditious mushrooms.

JawnBC said...

We might not be still in Oz, but we're still in your corner. Shame too many Aussie queers and progressives aren't.

You go!

JahTeh said...

I loved the pics taken with Luke and Matthew and you're right, Max is very smoochable.