Tuesday, November 15, 2005

UP THE WORKERS

I found this quote today:

"was not the necessity the plea of every illegal exertion of power or exercise of oppression?
.....Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt the Younger (1759 - 1806)

Congrats to all the workers (I was nursing blisters, remember) who turned out to show Howard how much he is loved and adored. Protesting won't stop him but it might cause his party to slow down and think. I know, forlorn hope. I hope it has the opposite effect on Labor and they get moving at last instead of following, because if it doesn't I'm taking my vote elsewhere. Listening to me Beazley! As for that 50 million dollars, I'm sure where that came from. Ask any scientist who put in for a research grant this year and they'll tell you. What's the point of building a synchrotron and not having any home-grown scientists to use it? Plenty from overseas and that's where the research will go. We churn out legal degrees instead (sorry Mr. Lefty) but I suppose we'll need them for all the sedition cases.

By the way, ASIO, if you're going to ferret around in my computer, leave a note. I hate unannounced visitors.

2 comments:

The Editor said...

What?!? You caught ASIO dropping by?
You lucky, lucky girl!!!

KK said...

Just saw this - there are more than 2700 scientists waiting to use the synchrotron. There will be more once it opens.