Monday, December 17, 2007

THE JOYS OF FAMILY

Now when I left the blog last night/early in the morning, I was happy but I couldn't sleep so I threw on a nightdress, lay on the bed to read a book. Spiders are really stupid, if he'd crawled out quietly through the armhole I probably wouldn't have noticed. But no, he had to come crawling up through the boobs until I was looking squarely at his fangs. (cockroaches, spiders and boobs seem to be a feature in my life) Naturally I panicked and rolled on him (that's happened to a few sailors as well) and you wouldn't believe how flat Daddylonglegs can get, a bit like pressed flowers in a phone book for a year. Not much sleep after that and when I did sleep I woke up to WW3.

Mother, sister, nephew and me, the peacemaker. It was mid afternoon before I sorted everyone out or so I thought, I've just taken the last phone call at 10.15. Nephew wanted to know where his brush and comb were and I didn't know but I found the can-opener, would he like that shoved through his hair. The ritzy expensive can-opener that I caught my finger in has been missing since then. I found it today in the bamix box at the back of the pantry and why was it in the bamix box. Oh, you sillies, it's white and so is the bamix so naturally they belonged together. "Isn't it one of it's attachments?" says mother. Nephew says, "I'd forgotten I had a bamix. I could be using that." And so it went on for another 30 minutes of name-calling and blaming until I sent the old girl to bed and the young nephew out to anywhere but there.

My sister just rang on the mobile, now he can't find his cuckoo clock. Her language was anything but motherly.

5 comments:

Brian Hughes said...

"...now he can't find his cuckoo clock."

That would make for a difficult life. Without our cuckoo clocks, I suspect, society would fall apart very quickly.

I sometimes think that Christmas was invented so that families could have a cathartic annual argument before settling down for the year.

Middle Child said...

Do they all live in fluoridated areas? That would explain it all...

JahTeh said...

Today he was looking for his camera and I knew exactly where it was. In the finish I dealt the lowest blow ever and he probably won't speak to me until the New Year.

He has a girlfriend, Therese, new and wants to show her all the things he hasn't given a thought to in years and we're supposed to know where they all are.

Ampersand Duck said...

Poor spider! Every man's dream death.

{door bitch says GFMNOB! which is the squashed sailor's lament}

Davoh said...

Harde har ..
I sometimes think that Christmas was invented so that families could have a cathartic annual argument before settling down for the year.

So, where does that leave EID?.