Sunday, July 04, 2010

July is not turning out well at all

The big kitchen clock dropped off the wall this morning but with an agility I haven't seen in years, I managed to catch it.

The BrickOutHouse brought all his washing over including his world record sock collection. Washing was no problem but with two pairs of jeans in the dryer, it fritzed itself. Smell of burning, very hot plug in the power point and a low level clunk in the machine itself. Still I have been using it since 1991. Out comes Grandmother's giant solid stainless steel clothes stand which weighs a tonne and take up half the MCG's ground when it's all out in radiating spokes. I don't think I've used it since I put his nappies on it. (He said he didn't need to know that)

I dropped my mobile phone in my coffee cup. It was not a day for multi-tasking but being 5 years old and very basic, it didn't seem to do it any harm.

Putting paper in the bottom of the kitty litter tray was not a success. I walked in to the laundry to find kitty litter still in the tray but shredded paper from wall to wall. I have no idea how she did it but she must have had a grand time.

Fast forward Miss O'Dyne.

The black and white terror seems to have recovered from setting her tail on fire the other night.
She was rolling round the floor with BOH, so engrossed in him playing with her that only I noticed the slight smell of singeing. Stupid clot had her tail right up against the gas fire. OMG, the drama. He's still checking to see if any hair has fallen out, his precious was nearly hurt. Little beast is milking it for all it's worth, even cringing when he touches it.

My adventures on eBil, now at an end, cost me dearly money wise but lessons learnt were worth it. I am now ready to launch my retaliation against the largest of the shonky dealers and he's not getting the stones back, I'm keeping the evidence.

Happy Fourth of July.

6 comments:

Kath Lockett said...

Happy Fourth of July??? Sounds like the cat was nearly the firecracker display of the evening!

Ann ODyne said...

oh christ not fast enough.

while checking Guugle news homepage I quickly leapt away from 'Cat recovering from burns'
jeepers did you make the papers?
no dont tell me.

I put wheat out for the field mice now.
Also: Bliss Hill is back any day with pics of baby poodles litter.

River said...

I think the BrickOutHouse should buy you a new dryer, since it was HIS jeans that broke the old one.
I would have loved to see you diving across the kitchen to catch that clock.

Jayne said...

You'd do better for the Oz cricket team than Brett Lee of late.
Good luck with the retaliation :P

JahTeh said...

Kath, labradors and radiators are the best for a good tail blaze. I must say the best hair fire was my little sheltie when my drunken sister dropped her cigarette on her and then couldn't find it in the thick fur. Fortunately it was thick fur and nothing reached the skin. The boys were only small but did they give her a lecture. The dog didn't care, just loved all the attention.

Annie, she had about 5 singed tail hairs and is still milking it for sympathy. You do know there is a mouse plague? Apart from that, Bondi Vet is back on screen, don't go there.

River, I finally figured it out today that the fan has gone so the drum heats up to red hot and the auto switch cuts out. He should be able to fix that for me. He's even going to put in a double power point for me after a telling off about using double adapters in the laundry. I've only been doing that for 30 years.

Jayne, it would have dropped on my only functioning wedding present, the sunbeam toaster and I couldn't have that.
I have decided against retaliation, one must know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. The lesson has been learnt.

Middle Child said...

"I dropped my mobile phone in my coffee cup" at least it wasn't in the toilet!

Cat with it tail on fire! Its all happening at your place