Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This was always a deeply interesting science blog


So in the interests of science, here we have a photo of a Hairy Angler Fish from the Deep Australia Project. Not even a mother could love that face. If there is justice in this world, my ex husband should now look like this......without the teeth.
This one from the same project is an amphipod, a type of crustacean.
Only one name for him.....Darth Prawn.
You have been reading a serious science blog, don't be fooled by imitations.

9 comments:

River said...

I like that hairy angler fish. He's kinda cute.

Frances said...

Darth Prawn - Laugh Out Loud.

JahTeh said...

River, I'd introduce you to my ex but he's married to the sister of this fish.

Welcome Frances, he really took my fancy with his big eyes.

Jayne said...

Lordy, I think you've been associating with my ex hubby's family, too, J.
*shudder* Nice bit of toxic spill for that lot...the family not the fish :P

Kath Lockett said...

Sitting here reading your blog whilst sipping my first coffee of the day and still in my dressing gown (damn these infernal migraines) I gotta say that the Angler fish looks a darn sight better than I do right now!

River said...

That's okay JahTeh, I'm not in the market for men, exes or otherwise.
Enough is enough.

JahTeh said...

Jayne, In-laws are invariably of the toxic variety but I think yours take the prize.

Kath, it's the weather. 3.5 degrees is not meant for a human to function without something going wrong with the system.

River, I'm very glad to hear that your good judgement has returned.

Middle Child said...

Looks like some people I know and wish I didn't

JahTeh said...

Therese, Your sisters?