Saturday, December 22, 2012

'Tis the season......

I thought I must try and get into the Christmas spirit despite wanting to shove the family up the chimney and brick it so I went looking for trees and I found my ideal trees and I want both, now.



 This 20 ft. tree belonging to the Soo Kee Jewellery store was decorated with 3762 beads made from crystal, 500 lights and featured diamonds totalling 913 carats!
Of course, I would want some cheap tat, it was valued at US $1.55 million back in 2007 and had a final weight of just over 3000kg. It's okay though I have a concrete floor and it holds up even with me dancing.  20 feet, a tiny bit over the top for a small Oz brick veneer, I'll take one in a 6 foot version but I want all the diamonds.
 

I could really go for this little tree.
18 Carat solid gold was used by Steve Quick when he created this Christmas tree in 2008.
He then gilded the lily, you might say by sprinkling  200 carats of diamonds to look like snow, before topping it with a 4.52 carat stone set in platinum and shaped like a star. 

 Oh, it's just me isn't it? 

9 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Not being either a dimanond or gold fan (I prefer emeralds and silver) I was surprised at just how beautiful I found these. The smaller of the pair is my favourite, but they are both amazing.
You do find the most wonderful images to share - thank you.

Anonymous said...

As with the good taste in gay men you associate with, so you do with rather special christmas trees.

R.H. said...

Hey you old fag, gay men wore top hats and tails in the 1930s (Fred Astair) what you're talking about is arse bandits.

R.H. said...

Old fag.

JahTeh said...

EC, obviously we were meant to be wealthy, if not skinny.

Andrew, if I had won the 40 million last week, it would have been the first thing I'd have bought for you and R.

Robbert, you curmudgeon, he's middle aged not old.

River said...

I love both of these! I'll have the crystal one in the living room of my (pretend) mansion and the smaller one can go in the bedroom.
My son-in-law is in construction, so can probably supply concrete if you need some for bricking up that chimney....

R.H. said...

I asked him to respect other people.

He's not up to it.

JahTeh said...

River, just remember to have a butler to go up the ladder to do the top bits. I like the bedroom idea, I fancy waking up to a bit of bling in the morning.

Robbert, there was a time when a dozen people would ignore you now there's only one so I'd say you're improving.

R.H. said...

You're right, I'm well-loved now.
My gripe goes back to the Elsternwick public dunny - under the footpath and swarming with fags, after about a thousand arrests the cops ordered it filled in.