Tuesday, February 05, 2013

January is blurred.

1.  I have moved furniture, in fact, nearly the whole house.  Everything is back in place where it was 2 years ago including the dust. Now the finesse of cleaning comes in, skirting boards, light switches, door and lights and carpet.

2.  I have a cat.  His name at the Home was Mr Jinx, his name here is IceBear and he will get to like it or else.  The Kingdom of the Ice Bears is from the Golden Compass and believe me this cat is the size and lumbering mass of a polar bear.  I can't put up a photo as he is still living under my chair but he is eating, drinking and pooping.  He and I are supposed to have flower essence drops during out patting sessions, this is for calming purposes to get him used to me and bond with me.  Yeah, that's working out really well. By the time I corner him somewhere, grab him with one hand, grab the flower essence with the other we are both hissing and spitting at each other.  Mind you, when I do get some on him, he does calm down and it's been great for my feet.

3.  I have spoken to a Board Member of the nursing home and written a letter which, to my horror had to be addressed to him via the Home. I was hoping to remain anonymous because if I'm cornered then I'm coming out fighting and taking no prisoners. He was an easy man to speak with as his wife was a resident at one time and took the time to listen to what I had to say. 
I mean what do you call a complaint which isn't really a complaint.  Anyway the letter was easy to write by sticking to facts but also calling some points hearsay because I wasn't a witness. 
As Harry Truman said, "The buck stops here!" and procedure was followed up to a point and no further.  If her doctor had been called on the Friday then she would have been treated with antibiotics at the Home and not spent a week of Hell in hospital.  And it was Hell, I was there.

4.  I have had my breakdown. Two days of shaking, temperature and nightmares followed by two days of picking up the pieces. How much do I love tranquilizers, lots.  I would have supplemented them with the cat's calming drops if I'd had the beast then.

5.  I have eaten 6 tomatoes and one chilli from my plants.  This qualifies as a world record for my black thumb.

6.  I have recognized that it is now February and have changed the calendar, only 5 days late.

7.  Blogging will resume before March.  Mother turns 83 in March.  She's aiming to be well enough to go out for lunch.  If I could just bottle that woman's will power, I'd be disgustingly wealthy.

8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Breakdown well and truly deserved. Glad that you are up and fighting again.

River said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and I'm glad you wrote that letter too. these issues need to be addressed in case there is a next time. Hope the cat becomes more used to you and your home soon.

Fen said...

get some feliway off ebay and plug it in or spray it around the place. For the cat of course. You stick to the tranqs.

MedicatedMoo said...

Sounds like you got off lightly with just two days of breakdown. I suspect that your furry polar bear will, with the aid of the drops, be a faithful friend and ally.

JahTeh said...

EC, and I see yours is just beginning.
Wine o'clock starts early morning anywhere in the world not just your part.

River, he found my office chair with the feather filled cushion last night and my table with all my jewellery fixings. I am still picking up diamonds from the carpet.

Fenstar, he has his drops especially formulated by a cat/herb lady and it's working, we've stopped spitting at each other.

Kath, always the optimist. I anticipate mutual ignore for 23 hours of the day and minimal bonding over a can opener.

Davoh said...

um, just commenting to say hello (again). No comment.

R.H. said...

I'm minimizing, getting rid of furniture etc, I've always been a hoarder. I blame childhood for it, no toys. Hi Davo.

Middle Child said...

February is over...cool weather coming and a cat -