Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Still with the comet.

Our favourite cold island over a magma hotspot, wonderful Iceland. 
If you look closely you'll see the Gullfoss waterfalls, a brilliant aurora due to a Coronal Mass Ejection and M1-class solar flare.
If you look really close, you'll find Comet PANSTARRS as a tiny light just above the horizon toward the left of the photograph.

This was taken by Stephane Vetter  who has a fantastic website of his images at http://www.nuitsacrees.fr and they are just magic. Don't visit if you're in a hurry though, it takes time to enjoy the beauty.

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Another stunning image. Oooh and aaah and wow. Thank you so much. I have bookmarked that site and plan to treat myself tomorrow or the next day.
I hope you are starting to feel a little better.

River said...

Is the waterfall that frozen looking drop to the left of the image? And the solar flare that bright yellow spot on the edge of the green?
It's a fabulous image.

JahTeh said...

Still feeling mouldy, EC, but I'm hoping to come good soon. I just can't get my mind to concentrate on my list of interesting things to blog about.

River, if we ever see a solar flare, we're dead, we just get the effects. I blame solar flares on my connection dropping out. I had to look twice at the waterfall to really pick it out.