Friday, July 26, 2013

Now about that ice-cream cake.


I should not have mentioned ice-cream cake or gone looking for images of ice-cream cake. I liked the one up there so much I looked up the recipe. That's vanilla cake on the bottom and chocolate cherry ice-cream on top. The frosting is frosting, the American kind, very sweet. It was kind of them to give the calories and carbs in a single slice, 51 grams of carbohydrate. It must be the frosting. I would rather have marshmallow over the whole, more ice-cream and not so much cake and I'm sure that would take down the carbs.


I couldn't find a recipe for this but I think it looks like a trifle ice-cream cake.  So a custard and fruit type ice-cream set in a layer of jam sponge, make that thick jam sponge soaked in plonk. It would be nice done in individual dishes, decorated with swirls of whipped cream but that's just me, not being a sharer I could have it all.



But for the Princess in me, aaaww, a pink ice-cream Cinderella carriage with sugar mice. I love it.

5 comments:

River said...

I'd have that top cake with rum and raisin ice cream over chocolate cake and a marshmallow frosting. Love the pink carriage with sugar mice.

R.H. said...

I'd like a jam roll with lots of jam in it and covered with custard.
Oh boy now I'm driving myself crazy.

JahTeh said...

River, forget the cake, let's just have the rum and raisin with the marshmallow.

Robbert, you would have loved my mother's trifle, jam roll soaked in sherry, covered in custard with whipped cream and toasted almonds on top, plain and delicious. Of course like the Christmas puddings, it was one sherry for the cake and one for me.

R.H. said...

Trifle, that's it. But without the sherry, I don't like any kind of booze, plonk least of all.

JahTeh said...

Robbert, the sherry gives it a life but only when the sponge is soaked in it and never jelly mixed in. I don't like sherry in a glass by itself but a drop in lemonade in summer with loads of ice is a winner.