Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Binged up that long weekend.

This is my other 'mother tranquilizer', lace dresses.   It's a wedding dress but I hate bare shoulders in a wedding dress so I would wear it lounging around the house since I'm not likely to meet a Prince to waltz me around a ball room.  I just love the falling lace from the faux bustle and I would have it in, you guessed it, burgundy and with beads, swarovski beads naturally.  It is how I would have preferred the Duchess of Cambridge's dress to have looked, I felt her gown was very hard with the pleated back even with the lace.  Hated the tiara, it wasn't high enough for the heaviness of the veil. Bitch, bitch, bitch.
 
I've no bitching about this cake.  It looks glorious although I think they cheated with silk flowers instead of handmade sugar pieces.  Ivory on top of burgundy icing with touches of gold, definitely me.
No photos of shoes, I'm going barefoot.

Mother is back from the grave.  My sister, the geriatric nurse of nearly 40 years, has never seen any one come back as many times as she has.  We know the other boot is going to fall but it's almost like that experiment where the fluid flows so slowly it only forms a droplet about once in a hundred years. 

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Indulge in all the tranquilizers you can find, or need, or want. And both of these are beautiful. I think you are right about the silk flowers though.

Fen said...

Oh your Mother just likes to mess with everyone's heads I think!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear your mother is still kicking.

River said...

I love that dress and think it would look even better with lacy cap sleeves. I don't like bare shoulders in wedding dresses either, but 90% of the ones I see are made that way.
Do you suppose that cake is chocolate? Hmmm?
Your mum is waiting for just the right moment. Trouble is, she's forgotten which moment she's waiting for.

JahTeh said...

EC, it's not really cheating if I eat an ice-cream before tea then eat something to lower the blood sugar, is it? Dares you to say yes.

Fenstar, I went down today and she was cheerful, colour in the face (not a wrinkle to be seen) and had eaten all her meals.

How sweet of you Andrew, remind me to hit you with something hard.

River, even a little lace shrug would be nice and it has to be fruit cake, a proper wedding has to have fruit cake and marzipan.

Elephant's Child said...

Cheating, shmeating. If it works for you - do it.

River said...

Marzipan, urk!